Greetings, LI$TNERS. A little forewarning – all but three tracks from this weekâ€™s LI$T are from bands that are brand new to me, which is exciting. Letâ€™s dive into the great unknown together.
- â€œUnkinder (A Tougher Love)â€ is a pulsating, anthemic, powerful pop gem. It only took one listen before this melody was already repeating itself in my mind.
- Saintseneca hails from Columbus, Ohio, and they write a fun breed of pounding folk. Normally that description would deter me from listening to a band, but their writing is strong enough to give these guys my vote of confidence.
- I love Hospitality. I canâ€™t think of a time that I wouldnâ€™t want to listen to their debut album, and they just released the stunning follow-up LP, “Trouble”, last week. The writing in this albumâ€™s sharper, edgier and more experimental. Give the whole thing a go.
- Asaf Avidan is an Israeli singer with what might be one of the most unique voices Iâ€™ve ever heard. His (yes, you read that right – those beautiful vocals youâ€™re hearing are coming from a man) song writingâ€™s equally as interesting as his voice, and “Different Pulses” deserves to be heard in full by anyone that claims to enjoy pop music.
- It was recently my girlfriendâ€™s birthday, which puts her in the Aquarius family, and Metronomy just released an anthem perfect for the season. Give â€œIâ€™m an Aquariusâ€ a listen, and get excited for the new album, out March 10th.
- Dum Dum Girls just released their album “Too True,” and it could be described as a collection of dark, starry, well-written pop songs that recall the 1980s.
- Joshua Boydston, another guy whose taste in music is well respected around here, just introduced me to Hayden James, and I couldnâ€™t be happier that he did. Listen to anything by this artist and just try not to be bobbing your head by the end of the song.
- Morgan Delt writes intricate psychedelic music that will leave you wondering just how much LSD heâ€™s been exposed to in his life to be able to produce music that sounds like this.
- If you havenâ€™t noticed, I typically like to wrap up these LI$Ts with a thought-provoking, lush song to send you out. RY Xâ€™s â€œVampiresâ€ fits that mold perfectly.
Thatâ€™ll be all for this week. Make sure to check back next Tuesday for another smattering of songs made specifically for your earsâ€™ entertainment.